BEK News is looking for a multimedia journalist to produce multiple daily news updates across the lineup of BEK TV Networks including digital streaming and social media platforms. In addition, coverage and production of live news events as needed. Must have strong editing and social media skills. The successful candidate for this position will be creative and forward thinking in regard to news gathering and distribution in a digital world.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
- Work in conjunction with news gathering partners both linear and online
- Gather accurate and interesting information for newscast / update presentations
- Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows BEK News to stay ahead of competition
- Develop ideas for news, feature and enterprise pieces as well as investigate stories
- Present clear, creative and accurate live shots
- Organize material, shoot and edit video and write stories based on details and information obtained
- Use various digital and social platforms to distribute updates and share stories with public and news partners
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence and clear enunciation
- Strong Reporting Skills
- Understand the importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and organizational skills
- Promote teamwork and maintain attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Possess exceptional research skills
Operate newsroom computer systems, editing systems, various news gathering cameras
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field, prefer real life news gathering and development experience but strong collegiate and internship experience will be considered.
Chief Operations Officer
923 East Interstate Ave
Bismarck, ND 58503
Toll Free: 888-475-2361